OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Cambridge Children’s Learning and Development Inc. (CCLDI) also known as Cambridge Child Development Centre is committed to safeguarding the data from students, parents, employees and inquiries collected from our website, social media accounts, email correspondences, applications and onsite centres and offices. It is the policy of Cambridge Children’s Learning and Development Inc. to respect and uphold data privacy rights, and to ensure that all personal data collected from customers, stockholders, employees and other third parties, are processed pursuant to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality as stated in Data Privacy Act of 2012 or Republic Act No. 10173.
DEFINITON OF TERMS (From the Data Privacy Act of 2012 also known as Republic Act No. 10173)
- Personal Data – refers to all types of personal information collected and processed by the Company from the data subjects
- Data subject – refers to an individual whose personal, sensitive personal or privileged information is processed
- Personal Information – refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual
- Sensitive Personal Information – refers to personal information about:
- An individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color and religious philosophical or political affiliations
- An individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified
- Process, Processed or Processing – refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data. Processing may be performed through automated means, or manual processing, if the personal data are contained or intended to be contained in a filing system
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Cambridge Child Development Centre collects and stores the following information from students and employees (past, present and prospective) of which are provided at the time of application and throughout the student’s time of study in Cambridge Child Development Centre. Data includes the following:
- Individual’s name, contact information such as telephone numbers and email addresses, date of birth, gender, location, and other contact details.
- Individual’s nationality, immigration status, religion, civil status, government issued IDs, assessment from previous schools, family background which includes parents, guardians, siblings.
- Photographic and biometric data such as photos, CCTV videos.
- Health records, Psychological evaluation results, Developmental Pediatrician’s evaluation as needed and provided by the individual.
- Student’s academic records during their enrollment in Cambridge Child Development Centre
PROCESSING AND USE OF DATA COLLECTED
Data collected by Cambridge Child Development Centre will be used solely for the following purposes:
- Processing of admissions application (confirmation of student and parent’s identity)
- Verification of student/employee records and documents submitted during enrollment or application
- Support for student (health records and evaluation)
- Monitoring and evaluation of student’s academic progress
- Professional development of teachers and staff
- Marketing and promotions (student and employee participation during Cambridge Child Development Centre’s activities inside or outside the centre and online during Distance Learning through Zoom)
- Recording of teacher and student sessions for academic evaluations
- Recording of Zoom classes for students who are unable to join the class at the scheduled time
INFORMATION SHARING AND TRANSFER OF DATA COLLECTED
Cambridge Child Development Centre will follow data privacy protocols and confidentiality as in connection with information sharing and transfer of data collected. Cambridge Child Development Centre will disclose information collected only to authorized recipients of such data.
- Regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies such as the Department of Education
- Schools / Institutions where the student has applied for elementary or transfer wherever applicable
- Third-party service providers that may host or support our services and maintain databases
SECURITY AND RETENTION
Cambridge Child Development Centre shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures for the protection of personal data. CCLDI shall take steps to ensure that any natural person acting under their authority and who has access to persona data, does not process them except upon the Company’s instructions.
CCLDI shall retain the personal data only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of its purpose. Personal data shall not be retained in perpetuity in contemplation of possible future use yet to be determined. Disposing and discarding of a personal data must be done in a secure manner that would prevent further processing or unauthorized access or disclosure to any other party or public.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Data subjects have the right to be informed, object to processing, access and rectify, suspend or withdraw their personal data, including, any such information held by third parties. If a data subject wishes to exercise any of their rights, or if they have any questions about how we process their personal data, or if anyone has a query or concern with the personal data collected, they can get in touch with us through the following channels:
Phone: (02) 8813-4479